Broken pieces of glass can be dangerous. They have the potential to cause injuries. They can also compromise the safety and security of your premises. Glass is widely used in households. In particular, O’Brien’s glass is a popular variety of glass used nowadays. When used on windows, it allows natural light to illuminate the interiors of the house. When used on doors, it enables you to view the outdoors without having to open the door. Used elsewhere in the house i.e. table tops, cabinets etc., it adds to the elegance of the interiors of your house. Given this widespread use, it also remains susceptible to breaking easily.
Accidents and collisions do not occur with prior notice. For example, a bird may well collide with the seemingly invisible glass on the window and shatter it. The chance of hailstorms or strong winds causing objects to strike the glass always remains a possibility. Routine collisions and accidents – especially those where a ball or some similar object – strikes the glass thereby breaking it, remains an ever-present threat. Lastly, the offchance that the constant expansion or contraction of glass, will cause it to break can be difficult to foresee. In each of these instances, there is very little a homeowner can do. Adopting a proactive approach here will not work. This is simply because such incidents occur at a moment’s notice. However, you need to ensure that you have your Sydney glass replacement service on hand. They will need to provide Sydney glass repair services at the earliest.
Instant Glass Repairs Sydney is one of the premier repair glass window Sydney specialists. We understand the perils that broken glass represents. This remains the reason we provide 24/7 mobile services – unlike most other home glass repair companies. Our automobiles remain well equipped to be on the move, whenever we receive a call. In fact, since we work in the very heart of the city,
we believe we can reach your place within an hour. Some of the key benefits you receive when you call us for home glass repair are:
- A 100% guarantee on all jobs undertaken
- Same day service to all clients, regardless of their location
- A wide range of services including glass repair, glass replacement, toughened glass, tabletops, safety glass, splashbacks, mirrors etc.
- A meticulous range of services at competitive rates
Since glass repair jobs require prompt action, we usually guarantee to fix the job within twelve hours. However, no matter how quickly we reach your place, you might need to take certain steps for damage control immediately. This could be critical in restricting the damage as well as being a preventive measure in terms of injuries. In such cases, you would need to take remedial action yourself. On occasions, some homeowners believe that they can undertake such activities themselves, rather than rely on a home glass repairer. Both sides have their own merits. A homeowner can seldom match the standardised works of a professional repairer. However, repairing the damage yourself can be relatively inexpensive too. Some factors to consider before you decide to follow a ‘Do-it-Yourself’ approach include:
- Your experience in repairing glass
- Your ability to fit and seal the glass properly to avoid energy leaks
- Your ability to complete the repair work cheaply and effectively
Based on your answers to these questions, you would know whether waiting for the professionals is a better approach than repairing the damage yourself.
The ‘Do-it-Yourself’ approach has its own advantages and drawbacks. The advantages include:
- You can save on the expenses of having a professional contractor do the repairs
- You can effectively prevent further damage by taking immediate action
- You do not need to wait for the professional contractor to show up for the repairs
- You add to your expertise and knowledge when it comes to repairing damage to glass
However, this approach can also have certain shortcomings. These include:
- A professional and standardised repair will always be superior to the work of an amateur
- You benefit from the professional advice given by the repairer in terms of maintaining the glass and the risks of future damages
- A professional repairer has the expertise to cover all types of damages unlike an amateur effort
- A professional repairer like Instant Glass will always provide guarantees for their work, as against the efforts of an amateur
Regardless of which approach you choose to follow, bear in mind that there is no substitute for experience and expertise. As a professional at your workplace, you have certain experience in your chosen domain. Even the most talented amateurs will not have the wherewithal to surpass your knowledge. It is so even when it comes to glass replacement. Hiring a professional